So many books, so little time! 📚 I’m usually always trading off between at least two books, because I don’t have the patience to finish one before I want to start another. 😬 Past favorites are just that; books that I would recommend (in no particular order). Future favorites are books I am eager to read next. If you have a book recommendation, send me an email!
- Leaders Eat Last – Simon Sinek
- Girl, Stop Apologizing – Rachel Hollis
- The Outward Mindset – The Arbinger Group
- Leadership & Self-Deception – The Arbinger Group
- Never Split the Difference – Chris Voss with Tahl Raz
- Trust Factor – Paul Zak
- Braving the Wilderness – Brené Brown
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck – Mark Manson
- The Alchemist – Paulo Coelho
- The Four Agreements – Don Miguel Ruiz
- Daring Greatly – Brené Brown
- Together – Dr. Vivek Murthy
- Girl, Wash Your Face – Rachel Hollis
- The Invisible Leader – Zach Mercurio
- Uninvited – Lysa TerKeurst
- Happier Now – Nataly Kogan
- Aspire – Kevin Hall
- The Tipping Point – Malcolm Gladwell
- Permission to Feel – Dr. Marc Brackett
- Descartes’ Error – Anotion Damasio
- Great at Work – Morten Hansen
- Finding Meaning – David Kessler
- The Anatomy of Peace – the Arbinger Group
- The Body Keeps the Score – Bessel van der Kolk, M.D.
- The Founder’s Dilemmas – Noam Wasserman
- Talking to Strangers – Malcom Gladwell
- Thinking, Fast and Slow – Daniel Kahneman
- Outliers – Malcolm Gladwell
- Emotional Agility – Susan David
I used to hate reading. For one: I’ve been going to school on-and-off for so many years, I never had the desire in between textbooks. And two: I was reading the wrong type of books. I will rarely read a novel. Now, give me a book on leadership, management, emotional intelligence, or self-awareness, and I am all. over. it. I will also dog-ear half the pages if the book is that good.
I love bookstores. When I travel, I find a random local bookstore and purchase a book on whatever has me feeling inspired on the trip. Inside the cover I write the bookstore name, city, and month/year of the trip. These books have become some of my favorite souvenirs.